Project Spotlight - NICOR Aux Sable
The Aux Sable project encompasses multiple phases installing over 40 miles of a new 36" gas pipeline running parallel to the old pipeline which is being decommissioned. Some phases require in place abandonment of the pipeline in lieu of removal due to the access to various remote locations as well as active ComEd & other utility lines in close proximity to the decommssioned pipeline.
MixOnSite was instrumental in providing NICOR/AGL Resources with a recommended mix design that was extremely flowable and pumpable which allowed the Contractor to install fewer injection points while still completely filling the pipelines.
MixOnSite produced and installed a 25-30 PCF / minimum 40 PSI Lightweight Cellular Concrete on two of the phases.
Above Ground Connection to 36" Pipe
NICOR AUX SABLE - PHASE 3
- Approximately 4 miles of 36" pipeline abandoned in place.
- 5,000 cubic yards of lightweight cellular concrete installed.
- Difficult terrain which required installation of crane mats to access the majority of the project.
NICOR AUX SABLE - PHASE 4
- Approximately 6 miles of 36" pipeline abandoned in place.
- 8,000 cubic yards of lightweight cellular concrete installed.
- Difficult site access due to overhead power lines and remote location.
MixOnSite's Wet Mix Unit used on Aux Sable
We are a nationwide contractor offering complete installation services including technical mix design support and development. We provide owners, engineers, and contractors with unique, cost
effective solutions to their geotechnical and underground construction problems. Our fleet of custom built equipment has the capability of producing up to 2500 CY per shift.