Load Reducing Backfill
Foam concrete offers significant advantages in projects that require lightweight fill. Densities can be varied from 20 to 60 PCF and compressive strengths from 50 to 900 PSI. In addition, It is also available in a pervious formulation (Geofill LD Pervious).
Applications include bridging over existing unsuitable weak soils for load reduction, replacement of unsuitable materials, construction of embankments for bridge approaches or ramps, backfilling of MSE panels/retaining walls and open cut backfills.
Foam concrete (Geofill LD and Geofill LD Pervious) offers many advantages, including:
- Load reduction (vertical and lateral)
- Stability and strength with only minimal weight
- Engineered permeability
- Minimizes future settlement
- No compaction required
- Good insulation
- Flowable and pumpable – ideal for filling difficult to reach areas on congested job sites
- Production rates of over 250 CY per hour
- Unlike EPS blocks, it resists gas, oils, etc.
- Unlike lightweight aggregate or other stone, it retains its shape and is easily excavated
- It is a lower cost alternative than other lightweight options
As a complete resource for tough construction challenges, MixOnSite offers a full range of installation services including mix design support, production planning, state of the art equipment and experienced crews.